"...to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up."
-Ephesians 4:12



Saturday, January 24, 2009

Snap Back to Reality

I know I was going to blog about my experiences on the Daniel Fast these last 21 days, but first I wanted to comment on what happened with me today.

As you know, I'm back to eating a little bit more normal and today added in some processed foods that I haven't eaten in the last 3 weeks. What an interesting day. I could literally feel myself getting tired. In addition to the fatigue i also experienced an edginess and anxiety that I haven't felt in weeks and to top it off I wasn't definitely a bit scatter brained today as I seemed to have trouble focusing on a task and was all over the map today accomplishing very little.

Crazy! Now call it coincidence if you want, but adding in some non-natural foods has definitely made a huge difference in my ability to be fit4service. Even more scary is the realization that I actually lived that way day in and day out. It's kind of like having a dull headache. You forget what it's like to feel normal because you are so used to having that headache. That's the way we live. I am now convinced more then ever that nutrition is the cornerstone of living a physically healthy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment